Tallabomba Blog

Thoughts on bicycle travel, adventures in general, photography, nature, and more.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cycling with skis: To Dalarna on a non-existing road

2008-05-28: Lake Mälaren - Rosshyttan (109 km)

Before Enköping I decide to go on smaller roads. The highways 55 and 70 are too busy and there is even a stretch of proper motorway where cycling is prohibited. Finding good alternatives is not easy. I end up riding quite a few kilometers extra on winding small roads, sometimes without asphalt. After crossing the last bridge across lake Mälaren, I ride past the villages of Teda, Björksta, Kärsta, Tortuna, and Sevalla before I cook lunch on a small meadow next to the road.

The plan for the day is to get to the road through Sätra brunn and Salbohed and camp before Avesta where I will look for a new Goretex jacket at the Haglofs Factory Outlet.

There is a tiny road on my old map that would get me up on highway 56, and on to the Sätra road. I go through Vad where the road should be and end up at a farm. Two guys are building something there and they're not sure if there is a road anymore. They show me on to a small track that leads to the nearby forest. They suggest I give it a try. The path slowly disappears, but I don't want to turn around and cycle a long detour. I end up pushing my bike through a small forest area, a forest clearing and a small bog before I get up on the national highway.



I camp near highway 70 before Avesta.

Next

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home